Gaza: 7 new cases of coronavirus were recorded

The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip announced, today, Wednesday, 7 new infections with the new Corona virus, which brings the number to 30 since the end of last March.

Ashraf al-Qudra, a spokesman for the ministry, said during the press briefing that 16 of the total number (30) had recovered, and that 10 of them had left their homes and were being followed-up, while 6 of those recovered remained in the isolation hospital at the Rafah crossing.

He pointed out that the central laboratory is conducting laboratory tests of hundreds of suspected cases of returnees from Egypt in the last batch to the Gaza Strip.

Al-Qedra said, "The possibility of the emergence of cases with the Coronavirus within the Gaza Strip remains present even with taking all precautionary measures," noting that the risk of the virus will remain present and strong unless a vaccine, treatment or change in the behavior of the virus is found.

He called on the citizens to take great care and take the utmost care and caution in following the procedures of prevention, safety and staying in homes, and not to go out unless necessary.

He called on the elderly, children, people with chronic diseases, people with respiratory diseases, weak immune systems, and other cases that ended the stone by staying at home and following safety and prevention measures, and never going out under any circumstances.

Al-Qudra pointed out that the Gaza Ministry of Health is going through a severe phase of a shortage of medicines, medical consumables and laboratory supplies, calling on all concerned to expedite meeting the urgent needs in order to achieve the first response to confront the Corona epidemic according to the ministry's plan.

For his part, Salameh Maarouf, head of the government media office in Gaza, said that all government institutions have completed their preparations for the opening of mosques during the coming Friday.

He indicated that, in return, precautionary measures should be continued and observed during the Eid period, especially with regard to markets, gatherings, and Friday prayer arrangements.

He denied the existence of any decision to change the instructions related to gatherings, especially with the increasing number of injuries.

"So far, no injuries have been reported inside the Strip, but this is possible and the danger is still there and we will work to prevent transmission," he said.

He pointed out that a series of intensive measures will be taken in the markets during the next two days to control the situation.

 

التعليقات والاراء

اضافة تعليق