83 citizens injured by the bullets of the occupation in Gaza

 Dozens of Palestinian civilians were wounded by Israeli occupation forces in clashes that broke out on Friday afternoon near the separation fence in the eastern Gaza Strip.

"At least 83 Palestinians were injured by live ammunition as a result of the Israeli occupation forces' aggression against the participants in the activities of the 53rd anniversary of the march of return and breaking the peaceful siege," said Ashraf al-Qadra, spokesman for the Health Ministry.

Among the wounded were "three seriously and critically," he said.

An AFP correspondent reported that dozens of demonstrators tried to cross the fence, and soldiers stationed in sniper rooms fired bullets and tear gas canisters.

A security source said the army used several tear gas canisters "from which red smoke comes out for the first time and may be poisonous gas."

Protesters lit tires during protests.

Several thousand returnees took part in the second year of march, which began on 30 March 2018, demanding the lifting of the Israeli siege imposed more than a decade ago and the establishment of the "right of return" for refugees who were displaced from their homes 70 years ago.

On the other hand, the head of the Hamas political bureau Ismail Haniyeh said during Friday sermon that "our people will not retreat from the march of return only to end the siege on the road to end the occupation."

"We are moving in three ways to pressure the occupation to respond to the demands of the Palestinian people There is a positive movement in the talks of calm, unity and our strategic choice and reconciliation legitimacy and the formation of a government of all factions."

"Our cause is not humanitarian, it is a matter of national liberation."

Hamas and Israel mediated by Egypt to reach understandings to stabilize the truce after a wave of escalation witnessed by the sector late last month, under which Israel will enter the sector, according to Palestinian sources.


التعليقات والاراء

اضافة تعليق