Kurdish forces arrest suspects in killing Americans in Manbaj

Syria's Democratic Forces announced on Tuesday the arrest of two people suspected of involvment in a suicide bombing attack by the Islamic state, calling for a patrol of the International Coalition in the city of Manbaj, killing 19 people, including four Americans.

"The arrest of a group of people suspected of involvement in the Manbaj bombing," said Mustafa Bali, director of the media center of the Syrian Democratic Forces.

He said their arrest was made after the tracing operations by the Syrian Democratic Forces and that "the results of the investigation will be published later."

Nineteen people, including two US servicemen, a civil and a Pentagon contractor, were killed in a suicide attack on January 16 that targeted a restaurant in the center of the city of Manbaj in the north of Aleppo.

On the same day, the Islamic State Organization adopted the attack. According to the Agency "Depth" propaganda in a statement carried by the accounts of the jihad on the application of the Tigram for "suicide attack with an improvised explosive device hit a patrol of the International Alliance" in Manbaj.

The Kurdish and Arab fighters in the Munbaj military council control the city, which is home to coalition forces, especially the US.

It was the heaviest attack on US forces since the coalition began striking in Syria since 2014. It came after US President Donald Trump announced his decision to withdraw all his forces from northern Syria after achieving its goal of "defeating" the Islamic state organization.

The White House announced last month that the US military would keep about 200 troops in Syria after the implementation of the withdrawal, as a "peacekeeping force."

The international coalition forces support the Syrian Democratic Forces, which are fighting their last battles against the organization in eastern Syria.


 

التعليقات والاراء

اضافة تعليق