Doctors Without Borders said that it stands in horror at the large-scale attacks launched by Israel on the Gaza Strip.
In a press statement today, Friday, the organization called for the provision of safe spaces and corridors and the need for residents to be able to access basic supplies such as food, water and medical facilities safely, and for basic humanitarian supplies to be allowed to enter Gaza, including medicines, medical equipment, food, fuel and water.
She added that about 2.3 million people are still besieged in the Gaza Strip, where indiscriminate bombing has turned a chronic humanitarian crisis into a real disaster.
More than 300 MSF workers live in Gaza, some of whom have lost their homes or family members, and moving from one place to another is an almost impossible task.
In this regard, the head of the MSF mission in Gaza, Matthias Kenes, says: “Warplanes are destroying entire streets, building after building. There is no place to hide or time to rest. Some areas are bombed night after night.”
It is noteworthy that the occupation government imposes a siege on the Gaza Strip, which includes preventing food, water, fuel and electricity, after 16 years of military siege on the Gaza Strip.
In this context, the medical coordinator for Doctors Without Borders in Gaza, Darwin Diaz, said, “According to medical staff in Gaza’s hospitals, anesthetics and painkillers are running out. On the part of Doctors Without Borders, we have transferred medical supplies from our medical stock, which is sufficient for two months, to the hospital.” Back, and so far we've used up three weeks' stock in three days."
According to the statement, the movements of the Doctors Without Borders team, especially its medical staff, have been suffering from severe restrictions since Saturday, as they are unable to find safe passage to support their Palestinian colleagues in the medical field, who are working day and night to treat the wounded. There is no safe haven for men, women and children to resort to.